Sustainability at the hotel: our contribution to a good environment
We put a lot of energy into the autonomy of energy supply
A hotel is only as good as its location. We were fortunate enough to be able to build the Mirabell in one of the most beautiful places on earth. And because of that, and the fact that we have a responsibility for future generations, we have done our utmost to use absolutely climate-friendly procedures in the construction of the Mirabell. This "naturally" meant that there's a lot of "organic" elements to be found in our hotel.
The following sustainable elements have been implemented by us:
- Photovoltaic modules provide our hotel with green energy. The average yield per year is around 45,000kW. We also make use of other natural resources and are autonomous in the consumption of electricity, water and heating.
- Traditional brick construction
- Thermal protection, natural insulating plaster, spruce / larch timber from local forests for the roof and balconies
- Windows with the best K-values, terraces are laid with natural wood
- Heating with energy-saving woodchips
- Under-floor heating in the entire area (with a flow temperature of 30°C)
- Use of rainwater and use of our own water source for flushing toilets and for watering the entire garden areas. (rainwater tank with a capacity of 20,000 litres)
- The entire interior was left in the responsible hands of the best joiner in South Tyrol. Solid wood was used (old spruce, stone pine, oak), made to measure and fitted perfectly.